Historic Horse Trails on Maryland’s Eastern Shore
With outstanding boutique accommodations in small all-suite designer hotels as well as a 115-year old historic hotel and Maryland’s Eastern Shore unique equestrian offerings, you will be surprised to find a multitude of choices for your Equestrian Escape!
The choices are yours. Discover…
- Just the right stable to teach equestrian care and grooming.
- A riding center for learning the basics or exercising and perfecting your own unique style.
- Join the field and test your skills.
- Ride the picturesque trails in the luxury of nature’s silent beauty.
And….these are but a few of the offerings!
- Visit some of Maryland’s Historic Horse Trails and Stops of Interest
* Visit Historic Riddle Farm – training ground of Man-O-War & War Admiral
* View the Wild Horses on Assateague Island
* Cheer your Favorites at Ocean Downs Harness Races
* Discover the Importance of Horses to the OC Fishing Industry and the Development of Worcester County atThe Calvin B. Taylor Museum & Ocean City’s Life Saving Museum
* Visit a Restored 1742 Manor House and discover their horse history
Your experience will be a breathtaking visit to beautiful natural settings with fabulous sunsets and quiet bird-filled marshes. Tour a 1742 Manor House on Assateague. Visit the beaches where glorious sunrises are your reward for an early morning ride in off season topped off by uncluttered blue skies.
And, in non-riding hours enjoy a massage in your suite. Savor a great glass of red with a gourmet dinner worth writing home about. And, you can take your equestrian experience to our famous Victoria Christmas Celebration as you enjoy a horse and carriage ride in the historic Village of Berlin or on the beach in Ocean City.
In an outdoor frame of mind? Savor the environmental treasures of the Eastern Shore as your kayak the creeks, bays and ocean. Test your skills on Ocean City’s many award-winning golf courses. Bike, Hike, Canoe and Paddleboard – the choice is yours! Bring your horse to Pocomoke State Park for a weekend of outdoor adventure. Every day brings a new adventure!
Your culinary experience will measure up to your expectations with a fresh continental breakfast in your suite, a gourmet trail lunch and fine dining every evening to finish off your day paired with an extensive fine wine list.
*Custom made Equestrian Experiences
*Catering for Riders and non-Riders
*Horse and Tourism Experienced
THE HOTELS AT FAGER’S ISLAND
The Lighthouse Club & The Edge
201 60th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842
Fagers.com | 410.524.5400/888.371.5400
THE ATLANTIC HOTEL (Circa 1895)
2 N. Main Street, Berlin, MD 21811
AtlanticHotel.com | 410.641.3589